Tuesday, September 15, 2009

is this true?

OK here are some things that all parents should say at some point some we may have heard all ready and others we may still be waiting for. these things many teens wish they'd hear there parents say all the time but they are still out parents so its kinda there job to make the tough calls and tell us what we have to do and what we don't want to hear apposed to what we want to hear. keep some of these in mind when you become a parent and if your parents are giving you a hard time maybe just remind them they were once teenagers too. Feel free to print these off and look at the site if your cheeky enough leave them lying around for your parents to find.



1. You spend too much time doing homework, just go and play.
2. I was wrong about.....
3. Yes, the weekends are mostly your time; you have worked hard this week at school.
4. Your friends worry me, but I trust your judgment.
5. Don't worry about cleaning your room.
6. Here is some money, spend it anyway you want to and go have fun.
7. Let me tell you about some of the learning experiences I had as a teen.
8. I love you no matter what you do.
9. I am going to sit down and listen while you talk.
10. I'm sorry.
11. You are right about.....
12. Do you want my advice, or do you just need to vent a little.
13. I'd like to understand you a little better. Do you mind sharing your ideas about.....?
14. I made a mistake.
15. I don't know everything.
16. Yes, I get stressed out too and that effects my day.
17. O.K. I know you will get to your chores sometime today.
18. Thank You.
19. I can understand why you sometimes think we favor your brother/sister more.
20. Even if you are struggling with that one class, the rest of your grades are awesome.
21. That's a tough decision you have to make. Do you want to talk about it?
22. Would you like a little time to yourself.
23. I can tell I hurt your feelings. I will try to watch those kinds of comments in the future.
24. Don't panic about that mistake. What have you learned that will help next time?
25. Sometime I make the wrong decisions too.
26. When you hug me it fills up my heart.
27. What would you like the family to do for fun?
28. How can I help?



http://www.sideroad.com/Parenting/parents-and-teens.html

No comments:

Post a Comment